April 17, 2010

Hiding my IP address

The other day I finally did some research to be able to access sites located outside of Spain - I am mostly interested in the US - that require users to be within the country where the site is located. In other words, I pretty much wanted to access Hulu and the American tv networks, be able to use Boxee and so on.

It was so easy. I can't believe it took me so long to do so. I just downloaded a VPN application called Hotspot Shield which, based on the grounds of protecting your privacy when surfing, hides your IP and prevents the site you are trying to visit from blocking your access.

I have not used it much yet but it does work and the only downside appears to be that it slows down your connection. Nonetheless, you can put it to sleep anytime you want and you can then surf without hassle.

Pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment