September 5, 2010

Gmail's Priority Inbox

I have just installed Priority Inbox, Gmail's new feature that allows you to have an inbox separate from the actual "Inbox" where you store those emails that you find most important. I have just used it for a couple of hours but it definitely works for me.

I used to conduct this prioritization on Gmail by adding stars to emails but they were not so intuitive and and easy to find as they are with Priority Inbox. When I am working on my desktop-based email program I try to keep in my inbox only those emails that require additional attention or follow up. Now Priority Inbox does this for me.

The new feature is supposed to be able to classify your emails as priority or non-priority and to improve such classification as the user confirms or modifies the status that Gmail gives to each received email.


">

No comments:

Post a Comment