February 21, 2010

New HBO online service

A few days ago I read about the beta testing of a new HBO site named HBO GO. The service is being tested by some subscribers and  considering how HBO usually does things, I am sure it will be great. Apparently the idea is to provide full availability to tv shows and movies. The catch is that you will need to be a cable subscriber to access the online service.

If the service is as good as I would expect it to be and considering the depth of HBO's library, I just wonder what the point of having a cable subscription would be. The only idea of having HBO anywhere  on your laptop is just great, so I guess that anyone who is a tv subscriber would be eager to sigh up for the online service.

HBO's current site is pretty slick so I am sure that whatever these guys come up with it will be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment